The Easter Bunny is just a couple of hops away. If you have kids this can mean a sugar rush like no other. If you want to cut back on a little sugar this year, or if your little ones belly has a hard time with candy, then give these home made bath bombs a try. They’re super easy and a lot of tub fun. Plus, they’re pretty relaxing for us adults as well.
What You’ll Need
1 Cup Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Citric Acid (You Can Find It Where You Find Most Canning Supplies. Grocery Stores Ect)
1/3 Cup Corn Starch
1/2 Cup Epsom Salts
1 Tbs Almond Oil
1 Tsp Water
1/2 Tsp Essential Oil Of Choice
Plastic Eggs That Open And Close (To Use As Molds)
What You’ll Do
1. Mix together all of your dry ingredients. Mix them well, no half assing it.
2. In a separate dish, mix the almond oil, essential oil and water together.
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix very well.
4. Divide your mixture into five separate bowls. Be sure to cover each very quickly with plastic wrap because they will dry out super fast. Add your food coloring to each bowl (at least 5-6 drops) until you’ve made the colors you wanted. Immediately cover mixtures again.
5. Pull your plastic eggs apart and sprinkle the bottom with some glitter (I like to just add glitter right into my mixtures because I am a glitter whore). Now you can either alternate your mixtures so that your bath bombs have a design of different colors or you can use a single color for the whole bath bomb. It’s dealers choice really. I like to do one color with gold glitter for a little bit of oomph. Make sure your mixture is packed into the egg mold well and close egg.
6. Leave the molds for about an hour, then remove your bath bombs from the plastic egg molds.
7. Place your newly made bath bombs on a towel or on some paper towels for a couple of hours to allow to completely dry.
8. Package in either cellophane and a nice bow or if you want to make it look like a big chocolate, wrap in tin foil.
Ta-Da!!! Now you have some Easter bath bombs that smell great and that won’t give you or your little ones a tummy ache! Plus it’s a great activity to do together. I hope you give it a try and have fun!