Here’s a yummy salad for you to try this week.
2 pounds green beans, cut in half
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves Gaelic, minced
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste
14 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 Fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/2 cups feta, cubed
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the green beans. Cook for no more than three minutes. Transfer beans to a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. This way they will remain crisp.
2. While beans are cooling, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, oil, oregano and salt and pepper.
3. Place tomatoes, basil and parsley in a large serving bowl.
4. Pat dry the green beans and add them to the serving bowl, tossing together.
5. Add the dressing and feta to bowl and gently mix.
Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you.