So, the cold air hit my skin one morning and now I’m a lizard. No joke. If you need to find me, just follow the trail of dry skin all over town. I have to do a body scrub in the bath or shower at least twice a week when my skin gets like this. A lot of the times I just make my own and keep it in a glass jar so that I know I’m prepared. This isn’t just a vanity thing. I find my skin will get super itchy if I don’t scrub it off and then slather on the lotion. So, if you’re feeling like a lizard person like me, take ten minutes out of your day and whip this up. Your skin will thank you.
Benefits Of Using Green Tea
1. Drinking and applying green tea fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair.
2. Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce irritation, redness, and swelling.
3. It’s a great antibacterial agent for acne and for unclogging pores.
4. It has a ton of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, both essential for skin health and maintenance.
5. Caffeine and tannins in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes.
6. Green tea also helps hair growth.
Why Olive Oil?
1. Evens out discolouration of skin and helps fade sunspots.
2. Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by hydrating and smoothing skin.
3. Cleanses skin of dirt and bacteria that causes blackheads.
4. Evens out the skin’s texture and tone.
5. Gives skin a natural and healthy glow.
Green Tea And Mint Sugar Scrub
1 cup pure cane sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
Contents of 1 green tea bag
10 drops peppermint essential oil
1. In a bowl, combine sugar, olive oil, green tea and peppermint essential oil.
2. Stir well until mixed thoroughly.
3. Pour into an airtight container. Mason jars are great to use.
I usually triple the recipe just because I use it so often and have to scrub my whole body off. Ps, please be sure to rinse out your tub after or the next time you step into your shower your feet will be up be your ears in the blink of an eye. The olive oil makes for a slippery time so for the love of god be careful. Enjoy!